International sport star joins WMOF line-up

International sport star joins WMOF line-up Ronan O’Gara


A former Irish international rugby player has been chosen to speak at the Pastoral Conference at the World Meeting of Families this month.

Ronan O’Gara played fly-half for several Irish teams and is now the assistant coach of the Canterbury Crusaders in New Zealand. O’Gara will be speaking on the topic of ‘Celebrating family and sport’ on Friday, August 23 and will be joined by several other rugby stars and athletes.

Along with O’Gara, the manager of GAA football in Tyrone, Mickey Harte, will be speaking at the WMOF on the subject of ‘The vocation of fatherhood’.

Other speakers at the Pastoral conference include Norah Casey from Dragon’s Den and campaigner Marie Collins.

These speakers will focus on issues regarding protecting children and vulnerable adults and dealing with domestic abuse.

80% of speakers and contributors are lay people offering expertise or life experience.  The remaining 20% are clergy and religious.